The sheet provides an overview of the websites of the Wheaton, Illinois and US League of Women Voters and where you can find important information.
The basic documents you need to read and refer to are on the Wheaton LWV web site. On the left side of the home page is the following menu:
- What's new: News of actions and events.
- Calendar: A general calendar and a member calendar which has more detail.
- The Voter: Newsletter on the 1st of the month, except for Dec. & July; Email notice when posted.
- Elections: Voter Information and links, Register to Vote, Voting Alternatives (early voting, absentee.)
- Political Directory: Finding your Representatives, Current Elected Officials; various governing body websites.
- About LWV: Board Members; Handbook for Members (budget, bylaws, local program etc.), & more.
- Programs and Position: Local programs; State Programs & link to LWVIL, The League of Women Voters of Illinois; National Programs has link to LWVUS, League of Women Voters of the U.S.
- Action: Issues that the Wheaton League is concerned about.
- Join LWV: Why and how to join.
- Donate to Us: A contribution form to use to support the League.
- Contact Us: Postal address, Email for some officers, link to info on Leagues in every state on LWVUS site.
This site has information about LWVIL & has many links. Important issues, taking action, voting & elections, a government guide, events & news, and member resources are all available here.
The red pull-down for Resources, near the top right side of home page provides access either directly or by opening a submenu (e.g., Publications) to lots of resources.
On the LWVUS site are many documents to read or to download in PDF form. The most important ones are at Policies and Publications. From this page you can also find links to much more information.